Saturday 21 January 2023

Mission Majnu co-stars Sidharth Malhotra and Rashmika Mandanna spill the beans on Film Companion Front Row with Anupama Chopra



Sidharth Malhotra and Rashmika Mandanna bring Mission Majnu to Film Companion Front Row. The two actors spoke to Anupama Chopra about making the spy film, comparisons with Raazi and their first impressions of each other. They also reveal which Friday they believe entirely changed their lives and all the scoop from the sets of Pushpa 2: The Rule.
When asked about the similarities being drawn between Mission Majnu and the 2018 film Raazi, Sidharth says, “I think it’s never a bad thing when people are trying to use a reference point for a film, especially comparing it to a good film. Yes, the elements on the outer periphery of seeing a trailer might look similar, it is in the same decade, similar elements. But, I think the experience is completely different. It’s only fair to speak to people after 20th Jan. Once they see the film, the arcs...as I said, we’re only trying to give the elements which you need to decide to click, in today’s day and age, or to get engaged.”
Talking about the evolving approach towards the craft of acting, Sidharth says, “You can’t keep waiting as well for that magic to happen. It only happens when you keep doing that work again & again. You can’t design it either, that’s why it’s a very tricky thing. No one can tell you that he or she has cracked that formula. But I think we have to just keep working, the show must go on. And we have to also polish ourselves, it’s something that always grows and evolves over the years, it’s a creative field. I’ve learnt certain things, maybe if we speak after a few years, I’ll have a more detailed answer.”
When asked about an emotion that you’re afraid to encounter while acting, Sidharth recalls performing the death scene of Capt. Vikram Batra in Shershaah.
“There’s no reference to a death scene, it’s so up to your imagination… The scenes where a film is based on a character who sacrificed his life (Shershaah) are extremely challenging because it’s purely your imagination, you don’t want to overdo it. I find those days extremely taxing, and the days leading up to it, I’m consumed with it and I look for ideas or help from my director, or just the pure concept of prepping in that mood and then seeing what happens in the day.”
Rashmika Mandanna opens up on not having a big enough role in the Thalapathy Vijay film Varisu. She says, “As an actor, I want to be okay with doing everything. It’s not only the meaty roles that I want to do or a female oriented film that I want to do. I want to be a part of commercial entertainers where I’m just in those two songs or four scenes, I’m okay with it. I don’t want to be typecast, I’m okay with doing any sort of films there is out there. That was one of the reasons I did the film.”
Amidst the audience cheering away, Rashmika gives inside information about Pushpa 2: The Rule. The actor shares, “The boys have started shoot, and I’ll be joining the shoot next month, so I’m really excited! And, the things that I’m hearing from the second half is (makes explosion sound). Really mind blown about how (director) Sukumar sir is coming up with these things, because if you watch the first half, you just feel like that is the story itself. But the  second part is something much more than the first part and you’re like “wow, now that’s something fabulous!” At the same time, I think all of us actors from Pushpa 1 have seen our work in the first half, and now we’re much more clearer on what kind of a world we’re living in. So I think all our performances are going to change. I think the performances are going to get more intense in the second half. And yeah guys, it’s going to be amazing!”
You can watch the entire Front Row conversation here: https://youtu.be/VzWnnT33Y9E

No comments:

Post a Comment