Friday 18 June 2021

‘Baba’ an anthem for father’s day from the upcoming film June!



‘Baba’, the only word in Marathi that offers unconditional love, affection, support, and unparalleled faith. The lyrics of June film’s most sentimental single ‘Baba’ breathe life into the song. The delicate and unhindered nature of the relationship between a father and a daughter will be expressed by leading faces of the Marathi film fraternity. The makers of June are launching an adaptation of the popular track Baba with a female voice. This is an Anthem Version dedicated for all the Fathers on this Father’s Day.

 

The music of Baba is given by Shalmali Kholgade, the singer Anandi Joshi brings the lyrics by Nikhil Mahajan alive. The actresses Priya Bapat, Neha Pendse, Amruta Khanvilkar, Girija Oak Godbole, Gauri Nalawade, Mrinmayee Godbole, Resham Shrivardhan, Parna Pethe, Shalmali Kholgade, Anandi Joshi and Sanskruti Balgude are the faces of this song.


The song will have a grand release facilitated by Planet Marathi OTT on 18th June for International Father’s Day which is celebrated on 20th June 2021.


The director of the film and lyricist of the song, Nikhil Mahajan thinks this song is pivotal to the sentiment of June, he comments, “Baba is a song about fathers and their special place in our lives. On Father’s Day, the team of June thought that we should pay a tribute to these amazing men in our lives and what better to celebrate it with a few of the most talented and beautiful actresses from our industry. I thank all my friends who agreed to feature in this video despite their busy schedules for their love for team June.”


The lead actress from the film June, Neha Pendse, sharing her memories said, “Whatever principles, integrity, persistence and the other qualities that are required to thrive in the real world is what I get from my father. These are the qualities that are more from the north and I am proud of them. I never heard my father telling me these things and my father is a man of very few words. I have seen my father doing this and that’s how he has thrived in this world and the reason he became my role model. I have always seen him doing ethical, moral, integrity and these are big words that I am using but these are the exact things I have seen my father doing. I am close to my mother but I am my father, the song ‘Bab’ and the lyrics that state ‘you are the core of me and you are in me and I am in you’ actually holds in my case. That’s the best way I can put this.”


Every daughter loves, admires, and even idolizes her father. Amruta Khanvilkar opened up about why Baba is a perfect symphony to express this feeling, “The song is amazing and for sure will touch millions of heart and it’s a song that everyone will relate to. Also to mention this was an opportunity for me to be in a song that is dedicated to all the fathers since it’s the first one that I am a part of. The song is very special since we celebrate Mother’s Day and Women's Day but not father’s day so this is going to be a surprise for my father aswell. s I haven’t yet told him about this and I am really excited about this and looking forward to seeing the video. ”


Shalmali Kholgade has made a debut in music direction with June. This album is close to her heart but revealing why Baba is one of her specials she says, “We often don’t give as much importance to fathers as we ought to. I am proud to have had a solo female track in the album of June, rendered beautifully by Anandi Joshi, titled Baba. I am filled with gratitude each time I hear the song, and I hope that the audience will feel the same. I am also hopeful that it’ll allow the audience to connect with the film more deeply.”

 

The film June will be released in June itself on the day Planet Marathi OTT launches the digital platform. The release of June is also a monumental step in redefining the Marathi movie-watching experience as it is the first ever Marathi cinema to be launched as a TVOD. Marathi movie fans who wouldn’t want to buy the whole subscription but still want to see the film, can simply buy a ticket and watch the movie in Planet Marathi Digital Theatre! Planet Marathi is promising a new wave of digital entertainment for the Marathi audience with its exciting offerings. Vistas Media Capital, Singapore based company which is the support behind this unique initiative of Planet Marathi provides all the wind beneath the OTT’s wing enabling this great flight


No comments:

Post a Comment