Saturday 15 December 2018

My biggest takeover till now is Jammin - Jeffrey Iqbal


My biggest takeover till now is Jammin, where being on stage and sharing it with legendary musicians is a blessing!” says digital star Jeffrey Iqbal on sharing the same platform as Bollywood music composers. 

Why did you choose to share your music on a Digital platform instead of going mainstream- which most of the people choose? 
Music is been a part of my life since childhood, thanks to my family. Back in USA I didn’t have access to the right people. So digital medium suited my situation more. Moreover, it became very convenient and I started getting responses almost immediately. This was a big motivation for me and I then started creating more meaningful music. It was easy to sit back at home with my friends, put it together and just upload it. That is why I chose this platform. 

Could you tell us a little about your journey? 
As a kid, I started learning Indian classical music with my siblings. My mother wanted to live her dream of becoming a singer through us. My sister was singing a song, and I was listening to her from my bedroom. I was six then. And then I went to her and told her that you are singing it wrong. And my seven-year elder sister shockingly asked me what I was saying. So, I walked up to the harmonium for the first time and started playing the notes. And my mom came from the other room and was shocked to see that I was playing it right. I did not like to learn music initially, but then it became my hobby and slowly my passion. And then my Dad coaxed me to go on the stage. So I feel that parents should encourage their children to learn and explore especially when you are really young.


What was your first thought when you were first approached by the idea of Jammin? 
Well for any musician jamming is something that rejuvenates them. So, when I was approached for Jammin, and was briefed about the concept, I was like…Yes, I want to do it! I just asked one question which was when you need me. And she was like we need you here in three days.  So, I booked the next flight to Mumbai and two days after that I was on the set.


What’s it like working with the celebrated musicians from the world of Bollywood like Shankar- Ehsaan - Loy? 
It is a bit intimidating. They are the guys who have made music for the world and made music that has served people forever. They are legends with a lot of experience. I am not even in their league. It was my pleasure to share stage with Shankar sir, Ehsaan sir & Loy sir. They are super humble. It's quite comforting and inspirational. It was an educational experience for me. I learnt a lot from them, tonality, on execution, style, when to do and when not to do, when not to sing, all the little things that I could grab from them. These people have been in the industry for the last twenty years, and it’s a blessing to work with them. 


Could you tell me about your experience of working on Jammin? 
I’ve been on reality shows before, then I had my own show in South America which I used to produce. But my biggest takeover till now is Jammin, where being on stage and sharing it with legendary musicians is a blessing. Being on stage with these amazing artists and not being judged by them was a win-win for me. It was more of a beautiful journey than the competition, and that is why it has been, one of my best experiences.

The show is now going to be broadcast on Sony Entertainment Television.  How does it feel to go from digital to mainstream? 

I’ve been on Tv before, but what is great about Jammin, from a business point of view, is you won’t get a lot of promotion on a digital platform but when you work with legends on such a big channel like Sony Entertainment Television, you are reaching a million of people. I think it was the best experience of working on Sony, reaching it out to masses and learning a lot of new stuff.


फ़्रॉड सैंया के फ्रॉड और उनकी छम्मा छम्मा !- देखने के लिए क्लिक करें 

No comments:

Post a Comment