Thursday 24 January 2019

Rakkhosh wins Best Director - Jury award at RIFF


Cutting out the riff raff, India’s first POV film (a film where the camera is rigged to see everyone and everyone is seen talking to the camera) Rakkhosh - setup entirely at a Mental Asylum, won the Best Director Award at the Rajasthan International Film Festival (RIFF) 2019 on Wednesday. 

Team Rakkhosh, consisting of Producer Sayali Deshpande, Creative Producer Prashen Kyawal, Writer and Director Sri Vinay Salian, actress Sonamoni Jayant were part of the award winning team. Deshpande accepted the award on behalf of the directors. 


“When I heard the script, I knew I wanted the world to hear this story. So I decided to bankroll it,” says Sayali. 


Sri Vinay Salian who was then supposed to be just the writer for the film, got a narration of this story called Patient No 302, by Narayan 'Tummbbad' Dharap, and was asked to write it. “I didn’t want to read the story and I said that I would write it first and if they didn’t like it, I would then read the book and then modify my script. Thankfully, they liked the story,” says Salian who has co directed the film along with Abhijit Kokate. 

Rakkhosh produced by Santosh and Sayali Deshpande also Sanjay Mishra, Priyanka Bose, Tannishtha Chatterjee among others with Prashen Kyawal as the


Creative Producer and Dinesh Poojari as the editor.


Boman Irani launches his production house Irani Movietone today- क्लिक करें 

No comments:

Post a Comment